Are you brushing your teeth the right way?
Brushing and flossing are the two most effective ways of maintaining the health of your teeth and gums. Even though we’ve been brushing and flossing our teeth for years, many of us are surprised to learn that we’re not doing it properly.
Proper brushing takes at least two minutes. The tip below will help you to perfectly do your daily oral hygiene.
- Brush twice a day
- Select a soft bristle toothbrush and brush gently
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months
- Use an IDA/ADA approved toothbrush and toothpaste
The proper brushing technique is:
- Place the toothbrush at 45-degree angle to the gums
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short strokes and not sideways
- Brush the outer surface, inner surface and the chewing surface of the teeth
- To clean inside surface of the teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up and down strokes.
- You should also floss your teeth
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue either
- If you want you can finish up with fluoride mouthwash
Follow the rule of 2X2 i.e. 2 minutes twice daily.