Gift of Health | Valentine Day
When it comes to Valentine’s Day you have got choices: Flowers or Chocolates; Dine-in or Dine-out; Gourmet Cuisine or Home cooking. Whatever you choose make sure you celebrate love with:
- Heart Healthy Meal – Prevent and control high blood pressure, high cholesterol & diabetes. Avoid smoking, maintain a healthy weight, be active, and eat healthily. Make A Date With Your Heart!
- Be Germ-Free – Valentine’s Day is the day to get close as possible to loved one, but if you partner is sick, think again. Spread love, not germs. Remember to use a condom to prevent sexually transmitted infections.
- Risky Travels – If you are planning a romantic getaway, remember to get all the vaccines and carry items such as sunscreen and mosquito repellent.
- Binging on Bubbly – Toast to your love, but do so in moderation. Excessive alcohol use has immediate effects that increase the risk for many health conditions. Don’t drink and drive or let others drink and drive.
- Surprise Allergies – Want to surprise your loved one? Taking chances with a new food may backfire if they respond with an unexpected allergic reaction. Be conscious of certain foods, pets or flowers that may trigger an allergic reaction.
- Fire – Candlelight dinners and fireplaces are romantic but watch the sparks. If you decide to cook a romantic dinner, don’t leave flames unattended.
- Unsafe Meals – Eating out tonight? Look at how clean things are before you sit down. Make sure to order food that is cooked thoroughly and if you take home leftovers, remember to put it in the fridge.
Roses are red, Violets are blue. Be healthy and safe in all that you do.
India Medical Hub wishes you a happy & healthy Valentine’s Day.