Every year, millions of people are affected by bacterial infections and admitted to healthcare centres. Bacterial infections can affect your skin, your blood and several organs in your body. These infections are a major cause of death around the world.
So, there is a strong need to control bacterial infections.
How to prevent bacterial infections?
Bacteria spread from person to person through lack of proper hand hygiene. Hand washing plays an important role in preventing the spread of bacterial infections.
When to wash your hands?
· Before and after handling food in the kitchen
· Before and after treating cuts or wounds on the skin
· Before and after caring for a sick person at home or hospital
· After using the toilet, touching garbage and an animal
Good hand washing technique is must to clean your hands. It includes good antibacterial soap, clean water, clean towel or tissue paper. If water and soap are not available, then use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
How to wash your hands properly?
- Wet your hands thoroughly with water.
- Use soap and lather very well.
- Using soap, scrub your hands well between your fingers, wrists, and forearms for at least 15 seconds.
- Do not forget to scrub under your nails too.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Dry your hands with a clean towel, tissue paper or dryer.
So, clean your hands and save lives.